Diocesan Youth Leadership is a unique leadership formation and pastoral training opportunity for young people in 10th-12th grade. Diocesan Youth Leadership has representatives from our Catholic high schools and parishes to advocate for the needs of our young people. Members of Diocesan Youth Leadership will also play crucial roles in spreading the joy of the gospel through advocating for youth events, joyful discipleship, and heartfelt evangelization in their local communities.
Foster Gifts for a Lifetime of Service
Serve at Diocesan Events
Art and Music
Life of Prayer
Experience Community in Christ
Diocesan Youth Leadership Team Requirements 2022-2023
- Ability to attend all/almost all formation and planning meetings (see list below).
- Ability to attend at least two of four Diocesan events for 2022-2023
(See bolded events below).
- Willingness to arrive early and stay after events to help with set up and clean up.
- Willingness to work with others and complete any tasks assigned to you by your team.
- Commitment to living a life in accord with the teachings of the Church and as a role model for one’s peers.
- Commitment to good communication: read and respond to all emails and group messages as they are sent, and let the adult leaders know if you have a conflict with a meeting as soon as you learn about it.
DIOCESAN YOUTH LEADERSHIP SCHEDULE 2023-2024
- Thursday, June 22, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. DYL Kickoff at Pokagon State Park
- Thursday, July 20, 2023 – 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (in-person)
- Thursday, August 17, 2023 – 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. (online)
- Sunday, September 3, 2023 – 10:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (in-person)
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023 – 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (online)
- Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 CONFIRMATION RETREAT SET-UP at Marian High School in Mishawaka
- Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023 CONFIRMATION RETREAT at Marian High School in Mishawaka
- Saturday, November 4, 2023 – 10:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (in-person)
- Saturday, January 6, 2024 – 10:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (in-person)
- Wednesday, February 7, 2024 – 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (online)
- Wednesday, March 6, 2024 – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (online)
- Friday in March (TBD) CONFIRMATION RETREAT SET-UP in Fort Wayne
- Saturday in March (TBD) CONFIRMATION RETREAT in Fort Wayne
- Wednesday, April 3, 2024 – 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (online)
- Saturday, April 27, 2024 – 10:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (in-person)
- Wednesday, May 8, 2024 – 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (online)