The Most Kevin C. Rhoades, Bishop of Fort Wayne-South Bend, has made the following priest appointments, effective June 23, 2015:
• Reverend Andrew Budzinski to Pastor of Saint John the Baptist Parish, Fort Wayne. Father Budzinski will continue as Diocesan Director of Vocations.
• Reverend Stephen E. Colchin to Pastor of Saint Mary Parish, Huntington.
• Reverend Terrence Coonan, Jr. to Pastor of Saint John the Baptist Parish, South Bend. Father Coonan continues as Chaplain of Saint Joseph High School, South Bend.
• Reverend Benjamin Muhlenkamp to Pastor of Saint Louis, Besancon Parish, New Haven. Father Muhlenkamp continues as Chaplain of Bishop Luers High School, Fort Wayne.
• Reverend Vincent Joseph Rathappillil, V.C., to Pastor of Saint Bavo Parish, Mishawaka.
• Reverend Christopher Smith to Pastor of Saint Peter Parish, Fort Wayne. Father Smith continues as Chaplain for Catholic students at Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne.
Bishop Rhoades has appointed Father Joachim Oforchukwu, C.S.Sp., as Catholic Chaplain to Memorial Hospital, South Bend, with residence at Corpus Christi Parish, South Bend, effective June 1, 2015.
Bishop Rhoades has accepted the following priest retirements, effective June 23, 2015:
• Reverend Barry England from Pastor of Saint Bavo Parish, Mishawaka, to retirement at Holy Cross Village, Notre Dame.
• Reverend John Pfister from Pastor of Saint Mary Parish, Huntington, to retirement at Saint Anne Home and Retirement Community, Fort Wayne.